Google+ Gundam Beginner: PG Astray [Red Frame] WIP1.5
Announcement: Support this website by disabling ad-blocking

10 Jun 2012

PG Astray [Red Frame] WIP1.5

Busy around the corner, here is a small tiny update on the PG Gundam Astray [Red Frame]!
its so tiny.. I'll call it WIP 1.5

Here is another example of Real touch marker!

Steps:
1. Run through the Real Touch Marker on all the panel lines (and) edges


2. Use a Q-tip, gently rub it until its smooth.


3. Repeat step 1-2 until it looks the way you wanted it. (the more coats you put on, the more dirt/ grease marks you create.)



So now that they are all Gun-metal-ed and Real Touch-ed, you should end up with something like a die-cast metal parts.


Another example.. Real Touch on Silver Leaf


Ok, here is the REAL die-cast metal that will go in the knee. It will show at the back of the knee after final assembly,
At first, I wanted to paint it Black, but then.. Red looks good beside Gun-metal.


So here it is,



The die-cast look alright...



So now, in my opinion, This look far better than all dark Red inner-frame. Don't you think?


So this is it. Stay tuned for WIP 2.0



2 comments:

  1. Gun Metal is such a fantastic color to put on Gunpla, isn't it? I need to grab myself a few (dozen?) cans for when I build my MG Banshee (When I get it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, Gun metal just makes inner frames look metal-ish! if you looking on getting an MG painted. you probably need 2 or 3 cans.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...